Friday, August 9, 2013

Let's take a little break

I am quickly approaching the time of year where things get busy for me with classes beginning and things just getting back to what I call the normal crazy life.  So this blog and to be honest the next few are going to be a bit out of the norm.  Some fun blogs, maybe a guest blogger, or just a glimpse into the minds of college freshman readers. 

One of the things I enjoy doing to relax, is spend a little time on Pinterest.  Okay, so not a little, I get on it and then all of a sudden its 2 hours later, it's amazing how quickly time can pass.  I digress.  One of my favorite things about Pinterest is when you find that perfect meme that you can identify with, that makes you smile, or just flat out laugh!  I have a whole board that I have dedicated to memes about books or reading, you get the idea.  I've included a few of my favorites below.  I hope you enjoy and I wish you all a very happy weekend.

Magpie

I always have to take a day before I can start a new book.

 
 

I told you I was an Austen fan!
 
We just don't use phrases like "Thou smell of mountain goat" anymore, such a sad world we live in.
 
Its not weird, there is no matching the smell and feel of holding a book.
 

1 comment:

  1. "Thou smell of mountain goat" has certainly become popular. Too bad it's not what Shakespeare actually wrote.

    The original line,from Henry V, Act iv, scene iv (where it is spoken by the comic character Pistol), is given below. Note that neither the word nor notion of "smell" appears in it. (I assume, in any case, we are to read it as a noun. Were it a verb, the proper form would have been "(thou) smellest".)

    Brass, cur!
    Thou damned and luxurious** mountain goat,
    Offer’st me brass?

    **here having the archaic meaning: "lewd, lascivious"

    ReplyDelete