Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sarah's Key Final Assignment

Each time my faculty and staff book group reads a book I try to give them an assignment.    With Sarah's Key it has taken me some time to really think about what that assignment could be.  While doing some scheduling one day for work events, I looked at the calendar and realized that if today weren't our last book group meeting, we would be meeting next week on July 16th.  Tuesday marks 71 years since the round up at the Velodrome d'Hiver.  This got me thinking and I've come up with an assignment.  I'm asking each of the book group participants to take some time on next Tuesday and do something kind for someone else.  I want them to consciously think about something they can do to be of service to someone that they normally wouldn't.  I'm going to ask if any of them would like to share their experiences, which I will share here.  To all of you out there following, I challenge you to do the same.  Take some time to reach out a hand to do something in service of another person or organization in need.

Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment